Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/365 Sexy Bokeh


1/365 January 1 2011, originally uploaded by aquagirl 5.
And we're off !

Another new shiny new set of numbers. Another 365 days of beautiful, new possibilities.
This year I will commit to creativity by doing a 365 project. Take a photo a day and in the process teach myself how to drive my D90.

For this festive first day I give you classic Christmas light BOKEH!

These sexy, blurry, blobs of colour were the reason I just bought a new lens. I picked up a 50mm f 1.8. I had heard many rave reviews about this lens and the gorgeous bokeh it produces..........and it does not disappoint. I also figure that learning to shoot properly with a prime lens is probably a pretty good plan. And bonus? This lens is so compact and light, that now my D90 will be more portable. Portability will be the key to completing this project . I also have a stellar point and shoot, a Panasonic Lumix. One or the other will be my constant companions for the next 365 days.

My main reason for wanting to do a 365, is simply to learn to take really good pictures. I am a hands on learner. You can drone on and on about exposure, and aperture and shutter speed all you like, but unless I am playing with all this stuff, I will not actually lean a darn thing.
So what did I learn taking this picture? Quite a bit actually. I learned to move when taking a picture. Something that you don't do as much of with a zoom lens. It will take some getting used to. I keep twisting the lens to no avail! I started out by taking close ups and blurring the backgrounds. Easy peasy. I like the effect. Then I wanted just the blobs of colour. Aha! I focused on my finger first, then moved it out of the way and voila! Pretty bokeh.
Join me on my photographic odyssey won't you?

Oh.......and I shall also be blabbing on and on about all the other stuffs in my life. When I feel like it. Which I don't right now. So you will just have to wait patiently. OK?

2 comments: